- > Which refill works for my pen? Where can I find it?
- > Why do some pens leak in airplane cabins or at high altitude?
- > Where can I find my favorite Uni-Ball pen?
- > My company loves uni-ball pens. How can I get our name on them?
- > How can I find the same uni-ball pen I used while abroad?
- > Which pens help prevent document fraud?
- > Roller, Gel and Jetstream™ pens—what’s the difference?
- > Have any tips for removing a uni-ball ink stain from clothing?
- > I just got a new uni-ball pen. What’s the waxy material on its point?
- > Which uni-ball pens are suitable for archival writing?
- > How can I contact uni-ball directly?
Which refill works for my pen? Where can I find it?
This is a .pdf that shows all refillable uni-ball pens. Refills can be purchased at most office supply stores, but if you have any questions you can contact our Consumer Service center at 1.800.346.3278.Top
Why do some pens leak in airplane cabins or at high altitude?
It’s really a matter of using the wrong pen. Roller ball pens contain thinner, more liquid ink than a ballpoint. Typical rollers contain that ink in a closed tube. Fluctuations in pressure, say in an airplane, cause air to expand inside that ink chamber—leading to unexpected inkblots in your briefcase. If you’re unsure your pen is airplane-safe, you can equalize the pressure inside the pen by taking its cap off while holding it tip up. Or, if you want total certainty, look for our airplane-safe pens, such as the Vision Elite.Top
Where can I find my favorite Uni-Ball pen?
Most office supply, super store, discount, drug, and grocery stores carry many uni-ball pens. Here’s a link to several of those retailers. If you still can’t find your favorite, our Consumer Service will help you—call 1.800.323.0749.Top
My company loves uni-ball pens. How can I get our name on them?
uni-ball pens, customized with your company name or logo, are perfect for workplace anniversaries, client gifts and just plain making a statement around the office. You’ll find authorized dealers here, or by calling our B2B representative at 1.800.356.9466.Top
How can I find the same uni-ball pen I used while abroad?
Newell Rubbermaid has exclusive distribution rights of uni-ball products in the U.S. and Canada. Pens sold outside the country aren’t affiliated with Newell Rubbermaid but may be similar to those available in the U.S. For reference, download this list of uni-ball products available both in North America and worldwide.Top
Which pens help prevent document fraud?
Many uni-ball pens, including the uni-ball 207, protect against water, fading and fraud. They contain pigment-based ink that forms an indelible bond in paper and resists criminal check washing.Top
Roller, Gel and Jetstream™ pens—what’s the difference?
In short, liquid ink gives Rollers free-flowing, fluid writing, Gels deliver thick and vibrant lines, and our unique Jetstream pens are known for their incredibly fast and effortless writing. Learn more about their distinct characteristics.Top
Have any tips for removing a uni-ball ink stain from clothing?
First, act swiftly. Then, test any stain removal technique on a hidden part of the garment, such as the seam allowance, to prevent color loss or further damage. Stain removal techniques vary for the type of ink:
WATER-BASED INK - Found in the uni-ball Vision (fashion colors), Vision Exact, Onyx
- Step 1 - Soak in skim milk 1/2 hour to 1 hour. With old toothbrush or cuticle brush, scrub stain. Rinse with warm water.
- Step 2 - Combine powdered color-safe bleach, such as Clorox 2, with warm water to make a paste the consistency of undissolved sugar. Put this mixture on stain for 1/2 to 1 hour. With old toothbrush or cuticle brush, scrub stain. Rinse with warm water.
- Step 3 - Repeat Step 1 and Step 2, if needed.
- Step 4 - Launder with protein-based detergent, such as Era Plus. Make sure the stain is completely removed BEFORE putting article of clothing in dryer, as this may set stain.
Dry Clean Only Garments
Take the item to a commercial dry cleaner who employs a “spotter” and advise him/her that the water-based ink stain contains water-soluble dyes.
OTHER INKS - Found in Deluxe, Roller Grip, Vision (in black or blue), Vision Elite, Micro & Fine Roller, 207, all Gel and Jetstream pens
- Step 1 - Use household ammonia* and water (*1 teaspoonful of ammonia per gallon of water). Add a protein-type detergent, such as ERA.
- Step 2 - With old toothbrush or cuticle brush, scrub stain. Rinse with warm water.
Dry Clean Only Garments
Take the item to a commercial dry cleaner who employs a “spotter” and advise him/her that the stain is a pigmented, water-based ink.
I just got a new uni-ball pen. What’s the waxy material on its point?
That’s a protective wax that preserves the ink and protects the pen tip. It’s an extra step that guarantees your pen writes as we intended; simply remove it before writing.Top
Which uni-ball pens are suitable for archival writing?
Any uni-ball pen that features our exclusive uni Super Ink™ is archival quality. Their pigment-based ink is fade and water resistant, and acid free.Top
How can I contact uni-ball directly?
Use the online form or call us at 1.800.323.0749